Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the alternator assembly.
- Remove the rear end cover from the alternator by removing the three nuts.
- Remove the brush holder and the cover.
Remove the voltage regulator from the alternator.
Place the brush holder cover to the brush holder. Install the voltage regulator and brush holder to the rear end frame horizontally.
NOTECheck that the brush holder-s cover doesn-t slip to one side during installation.
- Tighten the 5 screws until there is a clearance of at least 0.04 in. (1 mm) between the brush holder cover and connector.
- Install the rear end cover and tighten the mounting nuts to 39 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Install the alternator assembly into the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.