Removal & Installation
- If the engine is installed in the vehicle, remove the transmission.
- Using Special Tool 09213-70011 or equivalent, hold the crankshaft in position.
- Make reference matchmarks on the flywheel and crankshaft end. A pin-punch is suggested, since chalk or paint marks may get erased during cleaning.
- Hold the crankshaft
- Loosen the bolts holding the flywheel or driveplate a little at a time and in a crisscross pattern. Remove the flywheel. Protect the flywheel and ring-gear from damage or impact.
- Thoroughly clean the flywheel bolts. Coat the first three or four threads of each bolt with thread-locking compound. Install the flywheel, aligning the previously made marks. Install the bolts finger-tight.
Tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern and in several passes to the correct tightness:
5VZ-FE and 1GR-FE Engines: 61 ft. lbs. (83 Nm)
- Remove the Special Tool installed on the crankshaft pulley.
Reinstall the transmission.