- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the halfshaft from the vehicle.
- Remove the large clamp from the inboard joint.
- Remove the small clamp, using side cutters, from the inboard joint.
- Slide the inboard joint boot toward the outboard joint.
- Matchmark the inboard joint to the halfshaft.
- Remove the inboard joint housing from the halfshaft.
- Remove the snapring from the end of the halfshaft.
- Matchmark the halfshaft to the tri-pot joint.
- Remove the tri-pot from the halfshaft, using a brass bar and a hammer.
Do not tap on the tri-pot joint.
- Remove the inboard and outboard boots from the halfshaft.
Do not disassemble the outboard joint.
- Wrap vinyl tape around the halfshaft splines to prevent damaging the boots.
- Install the outboard and inboard boots to the halfshaft with the small end clamps.
- Assemble the tri-pot joint to the halfshaft with the beveled side facing the outboard joint and align the matchmarks.
- Install the tri-pot joint, using a brass bar and a hammer.
Do not tap on the roller.
- Install the snapring.
- Lubricate the outboard joint with12
- Assemble the boot to the outboard joint
- Assemble the inboard joint housing to the halfshaft by aligning the matchmarks.
- Temporarily install the boot onto the tri-pot housing.
- Make sure the boots are positioned in the shaft grooves.
- Install a new inboard joint clamp.
- Crimp the large clamp with tool 09521-24010 so that the crimp clearance is 0.039-0.059 in. (1.0-1.5mm).
- Install the halfshaft.