Overhaul (Coil Spring Removal & Installation)
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Install a spring compressor to the coil spring, and compress the coil spring until it is clear of the strut assembly at both ends.
- Remove the center nut, then remove the retainers, cushion, suspension support and coil spring.
- Remove the spring compressor from the coil spring.
- Install the spring compressor to the coil spring.
Install the coil spring to the shock absorber.
NOTEFit the lower end of the coil spring into the gap of the spring seat of the shock absorber.
Install the retainers, suspension support and cushion to the rod. Temporary tighten a new suspension support center nut. Align the suspension support with the shock absorber lower bushing.
- Fully tighten the center nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the strut assembly into the vehicle.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and properly support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- If equipped with a front stabilizers, disconnect the stabilizer links.
Remove the strut absorber nut and washer from the lower control arm.
WARNINGDo NOT remove the bolt at this time.
- While slowly lowering the front suspension, remove the lower bolt from the strut absorber assembly.
- Support the strut.
- Remove the three nuts from the top of the strut tower.
- Lower the strut out of the wheel well.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Please note the following torque specifications:
Three upper strut to body nuts: 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm)