Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the union bolt and gasket from the disc brake cylinder, then disconnect the brake line from the rear of the caliper. Be prepared with a container to catch any brake fluid that will drain out.
Remove the two caliper slide pins (bolts) from caliper assembly. Remove the caliper assembly from rear disc brake mounting.
- Apply a lithium soap base glycol grease to the sliding part of two cylinder slide pins. Install the caliper assembly and tighten the two slide pins to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm).
- Connect the brake line with a new gasket to the rear of the caliper and tighten the union bolt to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Install the rear wheel and lower the vehicle. Tighten the lug nuts.