Removal & Installation
- Using a suitable jack, raise and support the rear axle housing. Support the frame with a suitable jackstands.
- Remove the bolt, washers and bushings, holding the right shock absorber to the rear axle housing and disconnect the shock absorber.
- If equipped, remove the nut and disconnect the Load Sensing Proportioning & Bypass Valve.
Remove the nut, washer and bolt from the frame and disconnect the lateral control rod. Remove the nut, washer and bolt from the rear axle housing and remove the lateral control rod.
- Install the later control rod with the nuts, washers and bolts to the frame and rear axle housing. Do not fully tighten at this time.
- Install the Load Sensing Proportioning & Bypass Valve, if equipped. Tighten the mounting nut to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Connect the right side lower shock mounting bolt and tighten to 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle and stabilize the suspension. Fully tighten the lateral control rod to 64 ft. lbs. (86 Nm).
- While holding the nut with a wrench, remove the lateral control rod mounting bolts. Remove the lateral control rod assembly.
- To install, install the lateral control rod to the vehicle and tighten the mounting bolts to 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).