Tie Rod Ends
- Using a tie rod end puller, disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle arm.
- Place matchmarks on the tie rod end, lock nut and rack end.
Loosen the lock nut, remove the tie rod end and lock nut.
Screw the lock nut and tie rod end onto the rack end until the matchmarks are aligned. Tighten the lock nut as follows:
- 2001-02 Models: to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- 2003-05 Models: to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm).
- Connect the tie rod end to the steering knuckle. Tighten the nut to 67 ft. lbs. (91 Nm) and replace the cotter pin.