Removal & Installation
- Remove the caps, nuts and wiper arms.
- Remove the six screws, clips and cowl louver.
- Unfasten the four bolts and remove the wiper motor.
- Install the wiper motor and connect the wiper linkage. Tighten the mounting bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
- Install the cowl louver.
- Operate the wipers once and turn the wiper switch off. Install the wiper arms and tighten the nuts.
- Using a suitable pry tool, remove the wiper arm head caps.
- Operate the wiper and stop the wiper motor assembly at the automatic stop position. Remove the nut and wiper arms.
- Remove the clip, claws and remove the front fender to cowl side seals.
- Disengage the meshing of six clips, remove the nine claws and remove the top cowl ventilator louver.
- Disconnect the motor electrical connector and remove the mounting bolts. Slide the wiper link assembly to vehicle-s passenger-s side. Disengage the meshing of the rubber pin and remove the wiper link assembly.
- Using a screwdriver and disengage the meshing of 2 rods at the clank arm pivot of the windshield wiper motor assembly. Remove the two mounting bolts and separate the motor.
- Apply multipurpose grease to the clank arm pivot of the windshield wiper motor assembly. Install the motor assembly to the wiper link assembly and tighten to 66 inch lbs. (7.5 Nm).
- Install the meshing of the rubber pin, and install the windshield link assembly. Tighten the two mounting bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm) and connect the electrical connector.
- Operate the wiper, and stop the windshield wiper motor at the automatic stop position. Scrape off the serration part of the wiper arm with a round file or equivalent. Clean the wiper pivot serration with the wire brush. Install the left front wiper arm with a nut to the position shown in the illustration. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Repeat the process for the right wiper arm.
- Operate the wiper while running the water or the washer fluid over the window, and check the wiping condition and that the wiper does not hit against the vehicle body.