Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the right hand cover under the engine.
- Turn the drive belt tensioner clockwise to relieve tension on the belt.
- Remove the fan and generator V belt.
Return the tensioner to the unloaded position.
NOTEWhen retracting the tensioner, turn it clockwise slowly in 3 sec. or more. Be sure not to apply force rapidly. After the tensioner is retracted all the way, do not apply force any more than necessary.
- Turn the drive belt tensioner clockwise
- Install the belt.
- Install the right hand cover under the engine.