Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable. On models equipped with an air bag, work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
Install or connect the following:
Starter. Torque the bolts to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
Testing & Troubleshooting
- Make sure the engine is OFF , and turn the headlights on for 15-20 seconds to remove any surface charge from the battery.
- Using a DVOM set to volts DC, probe across the battery terminals.
- Measure the battery voltage.
- Write down the voltage reading and proceed to the next test.