- Using a "torx" socket wrench, loosen the 2 "torx" screws until the groove along the screw circumference catches on the screw case.
- Pull out the steering pad from the steering wheel.
Using a screwdriver, release the lock part of each airbag connector and disconnect the 2 airbag connectors.
NOTEIf the airbag connector is disconnected with the ignition switch being at ON, DTCs will be recorded. When removing the steering pad, take care not to pull the airbag wire harness.
Remove the steering pad.
CAUTIONWhen storing the steering pad, keep the upper surface of the pad facing upward. Never disassemble the steering pad.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the steering wheel assembly set nut.
- Place matchmarks on the steering wheel assembly and main shaft assembly.
Remove the steering wheel assembly.
- Installation is the opposite of removal.