Removal & Installation
- Remove the windshield wiper arm cover.
- Remove the wiper arms and blades via the two nuts.
- Using a clip remover, disengage the meshing of 8 clips and remove the hood to cowl top seal.
- Disengage the 5 claws and remove the cowl top ventilator louver (two sides).
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the 2 bolts.
- Slide the wiper link assembly to vehicle-s passengers side. Disengage the meshing of the rubber pin and remove the windshield wiper motor & link assembly.
- Using a screwdriver and disengage the meshing of 2 rods at the clank arm pivot of the windshield wiper motor assembly.
Using a torx socket wrench (T30), remove the 2 torx bolts and the windshield wiper motor assembly.
- Apply multipurpose grease to the clank arm pivot of the windshield wiper motor assembly.
- Using a torx socket wrench (T30), install the windshield wiper motor assembly with the 2 bolts. Torque to 66 in.-lbs. (7.5 Nm)
- Temporarily install the windshield wiper and link assembly by engaging the pin.
- Install the windshield wiper motor and link assembly with the 2 bolts. Torque to 49 in.-lbs. (5.5 Nm)
- Connect the connecter.
- Scrape off the serration part of the wiper arm with a round file or equivalent.
- Clean the wiper pivot serration with the wire brush (when reinstalling).
- Install the front wiper arm and blade assembly with the nut to the position shown in the illustration. Torque to 15 ft.-lbs. (21 Nm).
- Operate the wiper while running the water or the washer fluid over the window, and check the wiping condition and that the rear wiper does not hit against the vehicle body.