REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the fluid in the brake actuator with a suitable syringe.
- Remove the engine coolant reserve tank and the windshield washer tank as required.
- If necessary, remove the A/C joint tube mounting bolt and the two power steering hose clamp bolts.
- Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the brake actuator. Plug the ends of the lines to prevent loss of fluid.
- Detach the hydraulic fluid pressure differential switch wiring connectors.
- Loosen the brake actuator reservoir mounting nuts.
- Unfasten the nuts and remove the ABS actuator assembly.
- Before tightening the mounting nuts or bolts, screw the hydraulic line into the cylinder body a few turns.
- Install the actuator and tighten the ABS assembly bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Attach and tighten the hydraulic lines to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the engine coolant reserve tank and the windshield washer tank as required.
- Install the A/C joint tube bolt and power steering clamp bolts if removed.
- After installation is completed, fill the reservoir and bleed the brake system. Drive the vehicle for at least 20 seconds at 19 mph 930 km) to make sure the ABS lamp does not illuminate. If it does, read the DTC codes.