REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The vacuum pump is mounted on the end frame of the alternator and is driven by the alternator rotor shaft.
- Loosen the clamps and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the vacuum pump.
- Disconnect the oil outlet hose and drain it.
- Support the pump by hand and remove the three mounting bolts. Pull the pump from the alternator rotor spline shaft.
- Remove the O-ring seal from the groove in the end frame. Discard the seal and purchase a new one.
- Install a new O-ring into the end frame groove.
- Coat the rotor spline shaft with multi-purpose grease.
- Engage the pump with the spline shaft and secure with the mounting bolts. Tighten the mounting bolts to 69 inch lbs.
- Connect all the hoses and check the vacuum pump operation.