In the event the rear window defogger, environmental control system, power windows, power door locks, power tail gate lock, sunroof or automatic shoulder belt does not work, check its circuit breaker. Circuit breakers are located in the passenger's or driver's side kick panel with the fuses.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before working on models with SRS system.
- Remove the circuit breaker by unlocking its stopper and pulling it from its socket.
- Carefully snap the breaker into place and be sure to secure.
Always use a new circuit breaker with the same amperage as the old one. If the circuit breaker immediately trips or the component does not operate, the electrical system must be checked.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Insert a thin object into the reset hole and push until a click is heard.
- Using an ohmmeter, check that there is continuity between both terminals of the circuit breaker. If continuity is not as specified, replace the circuit breaker.