REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect all the electronic vacuum regulating valve assembly pipe and hoses.
- Remove the current sensor plate.
- Disconnect the wire from the injection pump.
- Remove the two nuts and remove the water by-pass support and disconnect the grounding strap.
- Loosen the clips and remove the injection hoses from between the injection pump and pipe.
- Disconnect both ends of the injection pipes from the pump and nozzle holders.
- Remove the nuts, injection pipe clamp and injection pipe assembly.
- Attach the injector pipes and tighten the connectors. Install the injection line clamp.
- Connect the fuel hoses and make sure the clips are tight.
- Bleed the system by loosening the pipes at the nozzles and cranking the engine until all air is expelled and fuel sprays.
- Connect the ground strap and install the water by-pass support.
- Connect the injection pump wire.
- Install the current sensor plate.
- Install the electronic vacuum regulating assembly, pipe and hoses.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and inspect for leaks.