Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the timing belt as described in Routine Maintenance .
- Using SST No. 09278-54012 or suitable pulley holder to hold the injection pump pulley, remove the pulley mounting nut.
- Using SST No. 09213-60017 or suitable gear puller, remove the drive pulley from the injection pump shaft.
The pulley spring and shaft key will fall out with the pulley so be prepared to catch them.
- Install the pulley spring and shaft key.
- Position the pulley onto the shaft over the key.
- Using the pulley holding tool, hold the pulley stationary and install the mounting nut.
- Tighten the mounting nut to 47 ft. lbs. (63 Nm).
- Install the timing belt.