The A/C idle-up valve is used to raise the engine idle when the A/C is turned on.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Make sure all accessories are off.
- Disconnect the idle-up valve wiring.
- Lable and remove the two hoses attached to the valve.
- Remove the 2 bolts and the valve.
- Check the valve for and open circuit. Test the A/C idle-up valve using an ohmmeter, check that there is continuity between terminals. Resistance should be around 30-33 ohms at 68°F (20°C).
- If it is not as specified, replace the VSV.
- check the valve for ground, with an ohmmeter, make sure there is not continuity between each terminal and the body.
- If there is, replace the VSV.
- Check the valve operation.
- Check that air does not blow from pipe E to F.
- Apply positive battery voltage across the terminals. Check that air flows from pipe E to F.
- If operation is not as specified, replace the VSV.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 3
Replacing the various vacuum switches simply requires unplugging the vacuum and/or electrical connections, then unbolting the switch. Inspect the vacuum hose over its entire length for any signs of cracking or splitting. The slightest leak can cause improper operation.