REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the cable at the negative battery terminal.
- Tag and disconnect the cooling fan and temperature switch wiring.
- Loosen the union bolt and remove the hydraulic line on models with the 1MZ-FE and 3VZ-FE engine. These engines use an electrically operated hydraulic cooling fan.
- Remove the mounting bolts and lift out the fan shroud/motor/fan assembly.
- Unbolt the fan from the shaft, remove the motor mounting bolts and remove the motor from the shroud bracket.
- Position the motor in the bracket and tighten the mounting bolts. Press the fan onto the shaft and tighten the bolt to 45-55 inch lbs. (5-6 Nm).
- Install the shroud/fan assembly to the radiator.
- Connect the electrical leads. Connect the hydraulic line on the 3VZ-FE and tighten the union bolt to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Connect the battery.
- On hydraulic systems, bleed the system.
See Figures 4, 5 and 6
This procedure applies to 1MZ-FE and 3VZ-FE engines only.
- Check the level in the reservoir tank. If low add ATF DEXRON II.
Check that the level is within the HOT level on the reservoir tank. If the fluid is cold, check that the level is in the COLD level on the tank.
- Using a jumper wire connect terminals OP1 and E1 of the DLC1.
When the terminals OP1 and E1 are connected, the circuit of the ECT sensor is grounded, fixing the coolant fan speed at approximately 1100 rpm.
- Start the engine without depressing the accelerator pedal.
- Leave the engine running for several seconds.
- Check that there is no foaming and emulsification of the fluid in the reservoir tank.
- Remove the jumper wire from the DLC1.