REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The 2S-ELC engine is the only engine in the Camry family that uses rocker arms to activate the valves. Valve operation in on all other engines is accomplished directly by the camshaft and accessory valve components.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cylinder head cover and gasket.
- Remove the rocker arms and lash adjusters retainers. Label each rocker arm/lash adjuster pair as it is removed so that they are installed in their original positions.
- Install the rocker arms and lash adjuster in the same order as they were removed.
- Install the cylinder head cover and gasket.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and inspect for leaks.