REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1C-LTC and 2CL-TC Engines
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the PCV hose from the cylinder head cover.
- Loosen the clamp and disconnect the air cleaner hose from the turbocharger.
- Unsecure the clips and remove the air cleaner hose with the air cleaner cover.
- Disconnect the turbocharger pressure hose to the compressor elbow.
- Disconnect the air intake hose from the intake manifold.
- Remove the bolt attaching the compressor elbow stay to the engine hanger.
- Loosen the two bolts and remove the compressor elbow with the relief valve and the air intake hose attached.
- Unbolt and remove the turbocharger heat insulators.
- Separate the exhaust pipe from the turbine elbow by removing the three nuts from the flange. Remove the gasket and replace it with a new one.
- Remove the nuts from the turbocharger oil pipe flange.
- Unsecure the four nuts and remove the turbocharger, turbocharger and flange gaskets from the exhaust manifold.
- Cover the exhaust pipe with masking tape to prevent the entry of foreign material into the engine.
- Remove the masking tape and thoroughly clean all the exhaust manifold and turbocharger flanges to remove any deposits of carbon or gasket material.
- Place the new gasket so that the protrusion is on the opposite side of the cylinder head.
- Carefully place the turbocharger, with a new oil pipe gasket into position on the exhaust manifold and oil pipe. Install the four nuts and tighten them to 38 ft. lbs. (52 Nm).
- Install the oil pipe flange nuts and tighten them to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Place a new gasket on the exhaust pipe.
- Attach the exhau