REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Open the hood completely.
- Protect the cowl panel and hood from scratches during this operation. Apply protection tape or cover body surfaces before starting work.
- Scribe a mark showing the location of each hinge on the hood to aid in alignment during installation.
- Disconnect any windshield washer hoses.
- Prop the hood in the upright position. Disconnect the hood prop cylinder(s) from the hood (if equipped).
- Have an assistant help hold the hood while you remove the hood-to-hinge bolts. Use care not to damage hood or vehicle during hood removal.
- Lift the hood off of the vehicle.
- Position he hood on hinges and align with the scribe marks.
- Install and tighten the mounting bolts with enough torque to hold hood in place.
- Install the hood prop cylinders as required.
- Close the hood slowly to check for proper alignment. Do not slam the hood closed, alignment is normally required.
- Open the hood and adjust so that all clearances are the same and the hood panel is flush with the body.
- After all adjustments are complete, tighten hinge mounting bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
See Figures 6, 7 and 8
Since the centering bolt, which has a chamfered shoulder, is used as the hood hinge and the lock set bolt, the hood and lock can't be adjusted with it on. To adjust properly, remove the hinge centering bolt and substitute a bolt with a washer for the centering bolt.
To adjust the hood forward or rearward and left or right directions, adjust the hood by loosening the side hinge bolts and moving the hood to the desired position. Secure the hinge bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
To adjust the front edge of the hood in a vertical direction, turn the cushions as required.
To adjust the hood lock, remove the clips holding the radiator upper seal to the upper radiator support. Remove the upper seal from the vehicle and adjust the lock by loosening the lock retainer bolts. Tighten the hood lock mounting bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm) and reinstall the radiator upper seal when adjustment is complete.