REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the luggage compartment trim to access the hinge bolts.
- Using a pry tool or SST 09804-24010, push down on the torsion bar at one end and pull the luggage compartment lid hinge from the torsion bar.
- Slowly lift the tool and remove the torsion bar from the bracket.
- Repeat the last 2 steps for the other side of the trunk lid to remove that torsion bar.
- Prop the hood in the upright position and scribe the hinge locations in the trunk lid.
- Remove the hinge-to-trunk lid mounting bolts and remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Position the trunk lid on the vehicle and loosely install the retainer bolts.
- Align the scribe marks on the tailgate and secure the fasteners.
- Install the torsion bar to the side and center brackets, and the pry tool or SST 09804-24010, install the torsion bar to the hinges.
- Install the luggage compartment trim that was removed to access the hinge bolts.
To adjust the door in forward/rearward and left/right directions, loosen the hinge bolts and position the tailgate as required. Tighten the hinge bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
To adjust the tailgate lock striker, loosen the mounting bolts and using a plastic hammer and a brass bar, tap the striker to the desired position.
Vertical adjustment of the door edge is made by removing or adding washes to shim the hinge bolts.