REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
2S-ELC and 3S-FE Engines
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the vacuum sensing hose at the regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel return hose.
- Remove the retaining bolts and remove the regulator.
- Reinstall in reverse order. Tighten the 2 retaining bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 3
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose at the fuel pressure regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel return pipe from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the retaining bolts and remove the fuel pressure regulator.
- Replace the O-ring, coating the new one with clean gasoline.
- Install the pressure regulator. Tighten the retaining bo