REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds to perform work on models equipped with an air bag.
Some models covered by this guidemay be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- From under the dash, disconnect wiring from the switch assembly.
- Pull the switch from the panel.
- Insert the switch into the dash.
- Connect the wiring to the back of the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check system for proper operation.