REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds from the time the negative battery was disconnected to start work.
Some models covered by this guidemay be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Remove the floor console upper trim panel to gain access to the mounting screws.
- Remove the mounting screws in the front floor console and in the rear console box.
- Remove the floor console from the vehicle.
- Reverse the removal procedure to install.