REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front Turn Signal and Parking Lights
See Figures 1 thru 9
- On some models you simply remove the lens screws or nuts and withdraw the assembly.
- On others, remove the parking light cover clips to gain access to the parking light lens screws, if replacing that bulb.
- Remove the lens screws and the parking light lens or the turn signal lens.
- Pull the bulb straight out of the socket for parking lights, and push in and turn to remove the turn signal bulb. Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 10
On some models the side marker is part of the rear tail lamp assembly.
- Unscrew the lamp from the outside of the car, then disconnect the wiring and withdraw the unit.
On some models such as the 1986 sedan and all hatchbacks, you gain access to the bulb socket from the luggage compartment inside the vehicle.
- Twist the socket and pull out from the inner lens housing.
- Pull the bulb straight out of the socket. Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figures 11, 12, 13 and 14
- From the outside of the vehicle, remove the screws retaining the lamp housing to the body.
- Remove the access cover in the luggage compartment.
- Disconnect the wiring from the back of the lamp.
- To replace the bulb, push in and rotate. Inspect the bulb and replace if necessary.
- Position the lens to the body of the vehicle and secure with the screws.
- Attach the wiring to the back of the lamp.
- Install the access cover and secure.
See Figures 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21
- Gently remove the lens with a suitable prying tool or remove the stop light cover screws and extract the cover.
Some models are equipped with clips to retain the cover. If this is the case, make sure new ones are obtained prior to removal, they often break during removal.
- If equipped with a metal cover, remove to access the bulb.
- Push in and rotate the bulb and remove on some models or just pull the bulb straight out. Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figures 22, 23 and 24
Gently remove the lens with a suitable prying tool from the roof panel. Extract the bulb from the socket carefully. Insert a new bulb and snap the lens back into position.Cargo and Passenger Area Lamps
See Figures 25 thru 29
Twist, unscrew or gently remove the lens with a suitable prying tool. Extract the bulb from the socket. Reverse the removal procedure to install.