REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The following procedure applies to all 1988-91 4WD models only.
- Matchmark and disconnect the driveshafts from the differential.
- Remove the rear crossmember by removing the 4 bolts.
- Matchmark and disconnect the propeller shaft.
- Position a suitable jack under the differential and remove the 6 bolts securing it, then lower the differential out of the vehicle.
- Position the differential and tighten the 4 vertical bolts to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm), then tighten the horizontal bolts to 108 ft. lbs. (147 Nm).
- Connect the propeller shaft with the matchmarks aligned and tighten the 4 bolts to 54 ft. lbs. (74 Nm).
- Install the rear crossmember and tighten the 4 bolts to 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm).
- Check the differential oil level.