Diesel engines do not utilize a PCV system. Additionally, the 3S-FE engine series, while equipped with a PCV system, do not utilize a PCV valve.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The PCV valve regulates crankcase ventilation during various engine operating conditions. Inspect the PCV valve system every 60,000 miles (96,000 km) or every 36 months. Toyota Motor Corporation recommends replacing the PCV valve every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).
- Check the ventilation hoses for leaks or clogging. Clean or replace as necessary.
- Locate the PCV valve in the valve cover or from the manifold-to-crankcase hose and remove it. Clean any gum deposits from the orifices by spraying the valve with carburetor or contact cleaner.
- Test the PCV valve, if the valve failed testing, it will require replacement. Refer to Emission Controls .
- Visually inspect all hose connections and hoses for cracks, clogs or deterioration and replace as necessary.
- Install the PCV valve. Make sure all hose connections are tight.