REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before working on the vehicle.
- Remove the steering wheel, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the instrument lower finish panel (as required), air duct and upper and lower column covers.
- Disconnect the combination switch wiring.
- On air bag equipped vehicles, disconnect the cable wiring, remove the spiral cable housing attaching screws and slide the cable assembly from the front of the combination switch.
- Remove the screws that attach the combination switch to its mounting brackets and extract the assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the combination switch onto the mounting bracket and install the retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical wiring.
- Install the upper/lower column covers, air duct and instrument lower finish panel.
- Turn the spiral cable on the combination switch counterclockwise by hand until it becomes harder to turn. Then rotate the cable clockwise about 3 turns to align the alignment mark.
- Install the steering wheel onto the shaft and tighten nut to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Connect the air bag wiring and install the steering pad.
- Connect the battery cable, check operation and the steering wheel center point.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check all combination switch functions for proper operation. Check the steering wheel center point.