REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The following procedure can be accomplished while the transfer case is in the vehicle.
- Remove both of the driveshafts.
- Using a seal puller, remove the left side gear shaft seal.
- On the A540H, remove the right side seal with a flatbladed tool.
- Coat the seal lip with multi-purpose grease, then drive the new seal into the left side till the depth reaches about 0.02 inch (0.5mm).
- On the A540H right side, perform the same procedure as on the left side.
- Install both drive shafts.
- Check the fluid levels, top off if necessary.