REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
For ease of removal, the entire transaxle should be removed first.
- Remove the bolts and the nuts retaining the unit to the transaxle.
- Using a plastic hammer, remove the transfer assembly from the transaxle.
- Make sure that the contact surfaces are clean and oil-free.
- Apply seal packing (08826-00090) or equivalent to the transfer and install the transfer as soon as the packing is applied.
Shift into 4th gear, and install the transfer assembly while turning the input shaft of the transaxle.
- Apply sealant to the bolt threads.
- Tighten the 3 bolts and the 5 nuts to 51 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).