Hydraulic clutch actuating systems used in Toyota vehicles do not require adjustment.REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Camry, Camry Solara
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the transaxle assembly from the vehicle.
- Matchmark the clutch cover to the flywheel.
- Loosen each set bolt 1 turn at a time until spring tension is released.
- Once the tension on the springs are released, remove the clutch pressure plate retaining bolts.
- Remove the clutch cover.
- Remove the clutch disc.
- Remove the retaining clip and withdraw the release bearing from the transaxle.
- Remove the release fork and boot assembly.
- Using a suitable clutch disc alignment tool, install the clutch disc onto the flywheel.
- Position the clutch cover onto the flywheel and align the matchmarks.
- Install the clutch cover retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Lubricate the release fork pivot contact points and the release bearing, bearing hub and input shaft spline surfaces with a suitable molybdenum disulfide lithium based or multi-purpose grease.
- Install the boot, release fork, hub and bearing assemblies.
- Install the transaxle to the vehicle.
- Lower the vehicle and check the clutch is working properly.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.