The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor provides a signal through the ignition module which the ECM uses as a reference to calculate rpm and crankshaft position.TESTING
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between terminals. Resistance cold should read 1630-2740 ohms and hot; 2060-3225 ohms.
- If resistance is not within specification, the sensor may be faulty.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right hand engine under cover.
- Remove the right side fender apron seal.
- Remove the sensor wiring retaining nuts.
- Remove the bolt and disconnect the crankshaft position sensor wiring, then withdraw the sensor.
- Install the sensor and secure with the bolt to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the engine wiring.
- Install the right hand fender apron seal.
- Install the right hand engine under cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Reset any electrical components such as the radio or clock.