- On some models the engine coolant reservoir must be removed.
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the fender apron liner and right engine under cover.
- Remove the drive belts.
- Using a wood block on the jack, raise the engine enough to relieve the weight from the engine on the right mounting side.
- Using a spanner wrench to hold the crankshaft pulley, remove the pulley setbolt.
- Remove the pulley using a puller.
- Install the pulley on the crankshaft.
- Torque the set bolt to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).
- Lower the engine.
- Install the drive belt and adjust the tension.
- Install the cruise control actuator with bracket.
- Install the fender apron seal and right engine under cover.
- Install the right front wheel.
- Remove the engine coolant reservoir tank.
- Detach the alternator belt.
- Remove the right front wheel and the splash shield on Camry models.
- Remove the power steering pump drive belt by loosening the two bolts.
- Disconnect the two ground wire connectors.
- Remove the right engine mounting stay.
- Remove the engine moving control rod and the No. 2 right engine mounting bracket.
- Remove the No. 2 alternator bracket.
- Using a spanner wrench and wrench or SST tool 09213-54015 and 09330-00021, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- Using a puller, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the pulley onto the crankshaft.
- Thread the crankshaft pulley bolt into the end of the crankshaft by hand for at least the first few threads. This will lessen the chance of cross-threading the bolt which may damage the threads. Torque the crankshaft bolt to 159 ft. lbs. (215 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation procedure is the reverse of removal.