- Remove the shock absorber assembly with coil spring out from under the vehicle.
- To disassemble the shock absorber from the coil spring, install 2 nuts and a bolt to the bracket at the lower part of the shock absorber and secure it in a vice.
- Using a special coil spring compressor, such as 09727-30020 or equivalent, compress the coil spring. Do not use an impact wrench, it will damage the compression tool.
- Remove the cap from the suspension support. Using a retaining tool to hold the seat, such as 09729-22031 or equivalent remove the nut.
- Remove the following components:
- Suspension support
- Dust seal
- Spring seat
- Upper insulator and coil spring
- Spring bumper and lower insulator
- Install the lower insulator. Attach the spring bumper to the piston rod.
- Using the compressor tool, such as 09727-30020 or equivalent, compress the coil spring. Install the coil spring to the shock absorber.
Fit the lower end of the coil spring into the gap of the spring seat of the shock absorber.
- Install the upper insulator. Place the spring seat to the shock with the OUT mark facing the outside of the vehicle. Install the dust seal and suspension support.
- Install the retaining tool, such as 09729-22031 or equivalent to hold the spring seat, install a new nut. Tighten the nut to 34-36 ft. lbs. (47-49 Nm). Install the cap and remove the compression tool.
- Pack the upper suspension support with MP grease.
- Install the coil and shock absorber assembly into the vehicle.