Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
Be sure this procedure is done in a well ventilated area.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel pressure.
- Remove the fuel pump from the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel filter by removing the screw and then pull it up and out.
- Slide the O-ring off the end of the fuel filter.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator from the tank by extracting the attaching screw.
- Remove the O-ring from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Torque the fuel pressure regulator mounting screw to 17 in. lbs. (2.0 Nm).
- Torque the fuel filter mounting screw to 17 in. lbs. (2.0 Nm).