- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds for models equipped with an air bag.
Some models covered by this guide may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Remove the fuse box cover from under the left side of the instrument panel.
- Remove the heater control knobs.
- Using a screwdriver, carefully pry off the heater control panel.
- Unscrew the cluster finish panel retaining screws and pull out the bottom of the panel.
- Remove the combination meter.
- Unplug all electrical harnesses and unhook the speedometer cable.
- Connect the speedometer cable and harnesses.
- Position the combination meter and secure into the dash.
- Install the cluster finish panel.
- Install the heater control panel with the control knobs.
- Install the fuse box cover if removed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.