On models with ABS the rear wheel bearing can not be separated from the rear hub. On some models without rear ABS the rear bearing can be removed from the hub. On these models it is required to obtain a bearing puller such as 09950-20017 to separate the bearing from the hub.REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake drum or rotor.
- If equipped with ABS brakes, disconnect and remove the ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the 4 bolts securing the hub to the knuckle and remove the hub.
- Remove the O-ring from the backing plate.
- Install a new O-ring onto the backing plate. Coat the O-ring with multipurpose grease.
- Install the hub to the knuckle with the mounting bolts and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- If equipped with ABS brakes, install the ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Install the brake drum or rotor.
- Install the wheel and lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Have the wheel alignment checked.