- Loosen the rear wheel lug nuts. Raise the rear of the vehicle with a floor jack and support the body with safety stands. Remove the rear wheels.
- Disconnect the strut rod from the axle carrier and the body by removing the two nuts and bolts.
- Remove the strut rod.
- Position the strut rod onto the body and axle carrier and install the nuts and bolts finger tight. Make sure that the lip of the nut is resting on the flange of the bracket.
- Install the rear wheels and remove the safety stands.
- Lower the vehicle and bounce the rear end a few to times to allow the rear suspension to stabilize.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 83 ft. lbs. (113 Nm).
- Have the rear wheel alignment checked.