removal & installation
- Place a drain pan or plastic container under the fuel filter.
- Slowly loosen the lower flare nut fitting until all the pressure is relieved and all the fuel is collected. Refer to Fuel System for more information on depressurizing the system.
- Loosen the union bolt on the upper portion of the filter and remove the banjo fitting and two metal gaskets. Discard the gaskets.
- Pull the filter from the mounting bracket.
- Place a new filter into position.
- Install the banjo fitting with a new metal gasket on each side and install the union bolt. Tighten the union bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Attach the flare nut to the lower connection and hand tighten. Tighten the flare nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Remove the drain pan and/or rags and connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and visually inspect the upper and lower connections for leaks. Run the tip of your finger around both connections to ensure that the connections are leak-free. If any leaks are found they must be repaired immediately.