All models are equipped with OBD II.
- Prepare the scan tool according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Connect the OBD II scan tool, to the DLC3 under the instrument panel.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON and switch the OBD II scan tool switch on.
- Use the OBD II scan tool to check the DTC and freeze frame data. Write them down.
- Compare the codes found to the applicable diagnostic code chart. If necessary, refer to the individual component tests in this section. If the component tests are OK, test the wire harness and connectors for shorts, opens and poor connections.