All models are equipped with OBD II.
These models require the use of the Toyota's hand held scan tool or an equivalent OBD II compliant scan tool.
- Prepare the scan tool according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Connect the OBD II scan tool, to the DLC3 under the instrument panel.
When the diagnosis system is switched from the normal mode to the check mode, it erases all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and freeze frame data recorded. Before switching modes, always check the DTC and freeze frame data and write them down.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON and switch the OBD II scan tool switch on.
- Use the OBD II scan tool to check the DTC and freeze frame data. Write them down.
- Compare the codes found to the applicable diagnostic code chart. If necessary, refer to the individual component tests in this section. If the component tests are OK, test the wire harness and connectors for shorts, opens and poor connections.