REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensor lead from the ABS harness. Remove any retaining bolts or clips holding the harness in place.
- Remove the single bolt holding the speed sensor.
- Carefully remove the sensor straight out of its mount. Do not subject the sensor to shock or vibration; protect the tip of the sensor at all times.
- Fit the sensor into position. Make certain the sensor sits flush against the mounting surface; it must not be crooked.
- Install the retaining bolt. Torque the bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm) on 1988-89 models and to 69 inch lbs. (7.8 Nm) on 1990-93 models.
- Route the sensor cable correctly and install the harness clips and retainers. The cable must be in its original position and completely clear of moving components.
- Connect the sensor cable to the ABS harness.
- Install the wheel and tire.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.
- Turn the ignition switch On and check that the dashboard warning lamp (ABS or antilock) comes on for 3-4 seconds, indicating a normal condition.