REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles equipped with an air bag system, work must be started at least 90 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the negative battery cable is disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument lower finish panel and the air duct if required to gain access to the stop light switch.
- Disconnect the stop light switch connector.
- Remove the switch mounting nut, then slide the switch from the mounting bracket on the pedal.
- Install the switch into the mounting bracket and adjust.
- Connect the switch connector and reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depress the brake pedal and verify that the brake lights illuminate. If not, adjust.
- Install the air duct and the lower finish panel, if removed. Reconnect the negative battery cable.