REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles equipped with an air bag system, work must be started at least 90 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the negative battery cable is disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument lower finish panel and the lower air duct, as required.
- Remove the brake pedal return spring. Disconnect and remove the brake light switch.
- Remove clip and clevis pin.
- Unbolt and remove the brake pedal assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the brake pedal into the vehicle and install the retainers.
- Install the clevis pin and secure with clip. If the clip is damaged or deformed, replace with new.
- Install the brake light switch and connect the electrical connectors. Install the brake pedal return spring.
- Install the lower air duct and trim as required.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and check for proper brake light switch operation. Adjust the brake pedal as required.