No external adjustments are needed or possible.
Check that the height of the clutch pedal is correct by measuring from the top of the pedal to the asphalt sheet on the kick panel. The pedal height should be within these specifications:
- Remove the lower instrument finish panel and disconnect the air duct, if necessary.
- Loosen the locknut and turn the stopper bolt until the pedal height is correct and tighten the locknut.
- Connect the air duct and reinstall the lower instrument finish panel, if removed.
- After the pedal height is adjusted, check the free-play.
Measure the clutch pedal free-play by pressing on the clutch pedal until resistance is felt. The clutch free-play should be between 5-15mm (0.197-0.591 in.) by visual approximation (before the pedal begins to release the clutch). Inadequate free-play wears all parts of the clutch releasing mechanisms and may cause slippage. Excessive free-play may cause inadequate release and hard shifting of gears.
If necessary, adjust the free-play as follows:
- Loosen the locknut and turn the master cylinder push rod while depressing the clutch pedal lightly until the free-play is correct.
- Tighten the locknut.
- Check the pedal height.
- Push in on the pedal softly until the resistance begins to increase somewhat. The push rod play at the pedal top should be: 1.0-5.0mm (0.039-0.197 in.).
- If any further problems are encountered, bleed the clutch line or inspect the clutch cover and disc.