This fan is found on air conditioned vehicles. It is located to the right of the engine cooling fan on 1986-89 vehicles or in front of the radiator and condenser on 1990-93 vehicles
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the cable at the negative battery terminal.
- If necessary for clearance, partially or completely remove the radiator.
- Disconnect the condenser fan motor connector and remove the condenser fan.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal, then disconnect the condenser fan motor connector.
- Connect a car battery and an ammeter to the cooling fan connector so that the fan rotates in its normal direction. (See Engine Cooling Fan Motor Testing.)
- Check that the fan rotates smoothly. Check the amperage draw. Replace the fan motor, if it exceeds 6.0-7.4 amps.