REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
If the vehicle has an air bag, you must wait at least 30 seconds after disconnecting the battery before doing any work. The SRS has a built-in backup which will allow the system to remain energized for a period of time after the power is disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the accessory belts.
- Using Toyota tools 09213-54014 and 09330-00021, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
To avoid personal injury, wear gloves to avoid getting cut on the radiator fins. Wear eye protection.
This bolt can be very difficult to get off. Using air-assisted tools may make the job easier, but the cooling fan, radiator and possibly other components may have to be removed for clearance.
- Using a suitable puller, remove the pulley and set key.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Install the set key back into the machined slot in the crankshaft. Torque the crankshaft pulley bolt to specifications.