REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The EPA warns that prolonged contact with used engine oil may cause a number of skin disorders, including cancer! You should make every effort to minimize your exposure to used engine oil. Protective gloves should be worn when changing the oil. Wash your hands and any other exposed skin areas as soon as possible after exposure to used engine oil. Soap and water, or waterless hand cleaner should be used. If the vehicle has an air bag, you must wait at least 30 seconds after disconnecting the battery before doing any work. The SRS has a built-in backup which will allow the system to remain energized for a period of time after the power is disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise the front of the vehicle and support it with jackstands or equivalent.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the engine undercovers.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold and related exhaust hangers as necessary.
- Remove the lower suspension crossmember. Remove the center engine mount.
- Remove the engine stiffener plate and the oil level gauge. Remove the oil pan retaining nuts and bolts, then remove the oil pan.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Apply a 5mm bead of RTV gasket material to the groove around the pan flange. Apply the oil within 3 minutes of application and tighten the mounting bolts and nuts to 4 ft. lbs. (5.4 Nm), working from the center to the ends in progressive steps.