REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system. Disconnect the water temperature switch connector.
- Unfasten the clamp and remove the radiator hose from the water outlet elbow. Unbolt and remove the water outlet (thermostat housing).
- Withdraw the thermostat, but first note the position of the jiggle valve on the thermostat for correct installation. The jiggle valve may be set within 10° of either side of the prescribed position on the 4A-FE engine and 5° of either side of the prescribed position on the 5S-FE engine.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of the removal procedure. Use a new gasket on the water outlet. Make sure the thermostat (jiggle valve on thermostat in correct location) is installed in the correct direction with a new thermostat gasket. Tighten water outlet bolts evenly to specifications. Refill cooling system, start engine and check for leaks.